We understand that forgetting things is a normal part of getting older, which is something that will affect us all at one time or another. However, it becomes a problem when the forgetfulness disrupts a person’s lifestyle or changes their normal behavior. Receiving a diagnosis and experiencing the first symptoms of Alzheimer’s and dementia can be a very stressful and difficult time for both the person with the condition and for the carer and relatives. The relatives are often not geared for this illness.
We provide our clients with a conducive, secure and safe accommodation and care. In all that we do, we ensure that our customers are satisfied and are willing to recommend our facility to anyone who may be needing such care. We, as an Alzheimer care facility, are willing to go the extra mile to ensure our patients health and happiness.
- Our Sister is on call 24 hours
- 24-hour accommodation and care
- We try not to have residents sharing and respect their privacy
- 3 Meals daily and 2 formal teas with snacks, but never to be hungry,
- Housekeeping and cleaning
- Assistance with personal care such as bathing, going to the toilet, eating and dressing,
- Daily activities to those interested, but always encouraging them to get involved,
- Support with mobility
- Medication management (collect, issue and monitor)
- Laundry services
- Wheelchair friendly
- Nursing and other supervision
- Contact with local Doctors and with patients Doctors – as and when necessary
- Assisting the family in coping with the varying stages of Alzheimer’s
- Haircare – Hairdresser to come in to cut hair – by arrangement
- Hearing assessment when needed
- A doctor dedicated to our patients is always available, but you may have your own GP.
- Safe disposal of medical waste
- Ambulance Support: –
- For stability of patient with our staff
- To transport residents to the hospital
- We have also negotiated better pricing agreements to transport patients back home from hospital if necessary with a specific local ambulance service provider.
Items not included:-
- Medical treatment by a doctor or medication prescribed
- Supplementary vitamins and meals (Eg. Ensure, Probiotics, etc)
- Oxygen if needed – can be supplied, but the patient will be charged a daily rate
- Incontinence pads and other sanitary requirements
- Transport to a public hospital, and/or private hospital. The ambulance is for your own cost or for your medical aid cost if you have the facility available.
- Medical supplies as well as medical expenses and collection of medication
- Hairdressing and podiatrist services – can be arranged, but for patients cost
Our frail care services are conveniently situated at varies suburbs throughout the Western Suburbs of Durban, including Hillcrest, Kloof, GIllitts and Shongweni.